Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Getting things done

This project took longer than i expected but not for the reasons i thought

I looked at the directions and went huh?
But the directions were more confusing than the building of it

What took long is i must have laughed a half hour
Why you ask?
Because as i was attaching the white bars Dunkin would walk under them like it was his personal limbo game

I was cracking up


Here its done
Tonight i have a second one to do

Hoping with wet and snow etc it will help save on dryer use


His placemat is finished but he thinks its a bed
I didnt have the heart to tell him it wasnt lol


I think this is the next small project
I kinda like a red border on it dont you?


A closer look.......
Hmmmm i like it


 And this for the back.i like the mimic if the block. Not exact but still cute


I have not had much of interest to show on here. Been busy organizing, fixing things, throwing out or giving away things

Hoping i can relax a little and sew more soon

Its been a really tough year for me. My Jacky i miss so much, of course i miss my husband, and my new friends just dropped off the face of the earth. No reason just we cant be friends. One day we were planning christmas dinner the next we cant be friends.

Not sure why. Said it was her not me so thinking there are things i dont know about but i feel more alone than ever. 

My sister in law is a godsend.she calls cause she knows i need to hear a human voice. I am thankful for her. I have become more independent. My freezer is full my pantry is full and so far i still have a job.all is well. 


God has blessed me in many ways and i am grateful.


Hoping to be able to work on the topper soon and get back in the saddle

5 comments:

  1. I do like that red border, Dawn--sets it off so well.
    Dunkin is such a card;))) hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the red border and the backing fabric is perfect for your little quilt. I see another finish soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red border looks great. Yes some things will dry well on those drying racks. I still like my towels and jeans done in the dryer though.
    She said it was her, not you. Maybe she is an introvert and was trying to be more social and realized it wasn't for her (says another introvert).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how hard it is to feel 'normal' after a loss (losses). Take it in small steps. I still treasure the micro wave bowl holder you made me years ago - still being used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that red border for that project. Cats sure know how to get comfy! You've had a big change in your life and it's going to be awhile until you feel okay again but it will come! Try to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete