Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Hard day


Today is a difficult day
Last year was the first Christmas without Rich
But with his death 5 days prior i dont even remember it



I miss this beautiful man
No more hugs and kisses
Or protecting me
Or dancing to our song
No more advice
No more how was your day honey

Death sucks


I am thankful for the times we had
They are engraved in my heart




This guy misses him too

Today he needs extra cuddles
And i am happy to oblige

Will i ever find Christmas joy again?
I tried so hard this year

I was going to cook for my new friends
And thought the diversion would help

But due to things beyond my control it will not happen

Lost hubby, lost friends so a little sadder and more lonely around here

But i have God as my rock and he will help me through

Someday peace will come to my heart

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I know just how difficult Christmas can be right after the loss of someone so dear...
    .I am sending a basket full of hugs for you and Dunkin to share. ;)))
    I hope you will be able to see family over the holidays...hugs, prayers and good wishes Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will find Christmas joy again. Grief takes time, be good to yourself and enjoy all of the little things. Cry when you need to. There are lots of us out here that love you even though we live too far away to be with you for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas can be a hard time. You'll be happier in the future but you will always miss him. I wish you lived closer. I hope you get to see your brother for Christmas. It will be so good to be surrounded by your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe hugs sweetheart. Even after all this time I have days of tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking of you. God has put you on my heart & mind a lot lately. I love you so much. I'm sure Christmas was difficult for you. I know you miss your hubby very much. I feel like he's right there beside you & Dunkin too. He's watching over you both each day. 🐦💕🕊

    ReplyDelete